We offer a service to purchase original automotive parts, as well as after-market automotive parts.
We collect anonymous and personal information from the use of our Service / Website.
What classifies as personal information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
We collect personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you: use our Service, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
Some of this personal information, such as a way to identify you, is necessary to enter into our Terms and Conditions of Use. The provision of all other personal information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as the bidding, buying or selling information needed to conclude a transaction.
Information that can be collected anonymously, is not used to include or to cross-reference with the personal information.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below:
Personal information you give us when you register on Cars 245 automotive parts website.
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Your identification data, such as: name, surname, country, city, state / county, post code / zip code, your address, delivery address (if differs), telephone number, e-mail address.
- Other content that you generate by using our Service (such as adding items to your basket, adding items to favorites, your purchase list, the „garage“ of saved automobiles).
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction (credit card payment, Bank transfer, or a payment through a different payment Service)
- You may also provide us other information through a web forms, by updating or adding information to your account, by contacting us through the „ask a question“ form, by communicating with us via chat or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Service.
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or send an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Service. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Service. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and unique device token.
- Location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services by any application on your mobile device in the device's settings menu.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information.
Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, see „Cookies and Similar Technologies“.
Personal information collected from other sources
- Social Media. We allow you to share information with social media sites, forums, chats and messenger programs, or to connect to our services through them. Those sites or services may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we can share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw authorization or connection to the social media site. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to the personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we can collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this privacy notice. We may also use plug-ins or other technologies from various social media sites. If you click on a link provided via a social media plug in, you are voluntarily establishing a connection with that respective social media site.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with that person’s authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our privacy notice.
Notice for the citizens of Russian Federation.
In accordance to the federal law № 152-ФЗ «О персональных данных» from 27.07.2006, you give us your approval to use this personal data. We guarantee the privacy of the received data. The processing of personal data Is used to fulfill orders, agreements and other commitments, that we have put upon us at Cars 245 as obligatory responsibilities towards you. Regarding the use and storage – all the personal information is stored on Cars 245 servers, located in data-centers on Russian Federation territory.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to provide and improve our Service, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites, contact you about your account and our Service, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We use the personal information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes and according to different legal bases of processing. The following is a summary of how and according to which legal bases we use your personal information.
We use your personal information to fulfill a contract with you and provide you with our Service, to comply with our legal obligation, protect your vital interest. This includes:
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Service, keep our Service safe, secure and operational.
- To contact you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to fulfill a warranty or to form a return.
- When contacting you for such purposes as outlined above, we may contact you via email, telephone, SMS/text messages, postal mail, and via mobile push notifications.
- To provide other services requested by you.
- We use general location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content).
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, this privacy notice, or other policies.
We use your personal information to pursue our legitimate interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh these interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights.This includes to:
- Improve our Service, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience.
- Contact you via email or postal mail in order to offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires and inform you about our Service, as authorized by applicable law.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Measure the performance of our email marketing campaigns (e.g. by analyzing open and click rates).
With your consent, we may use your personal information to:
- Use your precise geo-location to provide location based services.
- Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text.
- Use your sensitive personal information to facilitate transactions in certain categories.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
How we might share your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide you access to our Service, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Service. We attempt to minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties for the following purposes:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support)
- Help detect, investigate, mitigate and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, and data security breaches
- Provide you personalized advertising
- Improve our products, sites, applications and services
Service Providers and financial institutions partners as follows:
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Service, payment processing services, assist us in providing customize advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations.
- Third party financial institutions with whom we partner to offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as PayPal).
- Third party shipping providers (e.g., DHL, UPS, USPS, etc.) with whom we share delivery address, contact information and shipment tracking information for the purposes of facilitating the delivery of items purchased.
- Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information included in your listings to third parties.
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law.
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request or legal process relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that exposes us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history.
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal basis, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
We may disclose your personal information to PayPal Inc., QIWI and other similar payment companies
- To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potentially illegal acts, fraud and/or security breaches, and to assess and manage risk, including to alert you if fraudulent activities have been detected on your account.
- To provide customer support, including to help service your account or resolve disputes (e.g., billing or transaction disputes)
- To facilitate shipping and related services for purchases you made using PayPal
- To facilitate the processing of payment cards when you pay within our Service with a payment card and we use PayPal to process your payment
How do we protect your personal information
We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
In case of an unauthorized access to our stored information, we commit to notify all users within 72 hours.
You choose how we use your personal information
You have choices about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
To chose any of these options you would need to contact our Customer Support via e-mail.